Wednesday, May 3, 2017

WwW:: Don Quixote

It's been awhile since I've done a Wednesdays with Words post. I often forget or else remember when I don't have the chance to actually post. But today the stars have aligned so here are some words that have impacted me from Don Quixote:

"Recollect, Sancho," said Don Quixote, "that wherever virtue exists in an eminent degree it is persecuted. Few or none of the famous men that have lived escaped being calumniated by malice."

"Men famous for their genius, great poets, illustrious historians, are always, or most commonly, envied by those who take a particular delight and pleasure in criticizing the writings of others, without having produced any of their own."

"... I wish... fault finders were more lenient and less exacting, and did not pay so much attention to the spots on the bright sun of the work they grumble at... perhaps it may be that what they find fault with may be moles, that sometimes heighten the beauty of the face that bears them..."



2 comments:

  1. I read that in high school, but hardly remember it. From the quotes you've shared, I think I need to reread it....thanks for sharing.
    Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly He is Risen!

      Yes, it's an amazing book; it's full of wisdom and outrageously funny!

      Delete

I really enjoy feedback and discussion, so please don't hesitate to comment!