Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Mother's Prayer

O Lord Jesus Christ our God Who didst come into this world not to be ministered unto but to minister and to give Thy life as a ransom for many: help me, I beseech Thee in my ministry of caring for the children Thou hast given me. 

Enable me to be patient in tribulations, to instruct with a meek and gentle spirit, to reprimand with inner tranquility and a sober mind, and to serve in humility of heart with love. 

May I thus live in Thee alone, by Thee alone and for Thee alone; showing forth Thy virtues and leading my family upon the path of Thy saving commandments.

That we may glorify Thee together with Thine unoriginate Father and Thine all-holy and life-giving Spirit both in this world and that which is to come.
 Amen.


4 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you Lisa, still praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie Annie. That means a lot to me. :)

      Delete
  2. The hieromonk that wrote this prayer is my spiritual father. Thinking of you Lisa, and praying for you and little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing that must be, Amanda! Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

I really enjoy feedback and discussion, so please don't hesitate to comment!