Saturday, April 11, 2015

Today Hades cries out groaning

Today Hades cries out groaning:
“I should not have accepted the Man born of Mary.
He came and destroyed my power.
He shattered the gates of brass.
As God, He raised the souls I had held captive.”
Glory to Thy cross and resurrection, O Lord!


Today hath Hades groaned, crying: 
"My power hath vanished, because I received a dead Man as one of the dead, 
but I could not hold him completely.
 Rather, I lost with Him those who were under my reign. 
From the beginning of time I have held control over the dead, but this One raised all." 
Wherefore, glory be to Thy Crucifixion and to Thy Resurrection, O Lord.


Today hath Hades groaned, crying: 
"My power hath been swallowed up; for the Shepherd, crucified, hath raised Adam; 
and those whom I had possessed I lost. 
Those whom I had swallowed by my might, I have given up completely; 
for the Crucified One hath emptied the graves, and the might of death hath vanished."
Wherefore, glory to Thy Cross, O Lord, and to Thy Resurrection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy feedback and discussion, so please don't hesitate to comment!