Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekends with Chesterton :: missing the mark



Linking up with Sarah at Amongst Lovely Things for Weekends with Chesterton. I have been wanting to read more Chesterton and just keep putting it off, so this is a great chance for me to purposefully pursue that.  

Here's my first quote from The Man Who Was Thursday:

The rare, strange thing is to hit the mark; the gross, obvious thing is to miss it. 

This is definitely something to ponder especially when you consider the fact that the Greek word for sin (ἁμαρτία) means to miss the mark. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I love it when Chesterton makes me stop dead in my tracks and really THINK about something. I'm so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy feedback and discussion, so please don't hesitate to comment!