Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesdays with Words - St. John Chrysostom

Linking up with Cindy at Ordo Amoris for Wednesdays with Words



He left us on earth in order that we should become like beacons of light and teachers unto others; that we might act like leaven, move among men like angels, be like men unto children and like spiritual men unto animal men, in order to win them over, and that we may be like seed and bear abundant fruits. There would be no need for sermons if our lives were shining; there would be no need for words if we bore witness with our deeds. There would be no pagan if we were true Christians. 

St. John Chrysostom





(I copied this quote for myself many years ago, and unfortunately I cannot tell you now which of his homilies or writings it came from. If anyone happens to know I'd love to find out!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy feedback and discussion, so please don't hesitate to comment!